Friday, May 9, 2008

I WUV OO

Being a mom is such a gift in itself, but there are just some special little moments that make your heart swell with overwhelming gratitude and joy. On Wednesday, when Addie woke up from her nap, she was being especially affectionate. She came and sat in my lap and said, "Hi mama, I wuv oo!" She told me she loved me! For all of you that know Addie, she is quite the talker and repeats most everything that we say. But I have been waiting for the moment to hear those words come from her mouth! What a precious gift! Thank you Jesus for the gift of children, and thank you for allowing us these special moments in time. Help me to not take one moment for granted for the time goes by so fast.

2 comments:

Haley said...

That is the sweetest sound! For what seemed like forever, when we told Eva that we loved her, she would say, "Yeah". It has only been in the last few months that she has started to say the actual phrase. It will melt your heart in no time.

And to answer your question... Yes, we are that old! :) I don't feel all that old... unless I stay up too late. :)

Leslie said...

Oh Taber, how SWEET!!!!!!!!! She is so precious! I know you thank Jesus for her everyday, what a blessing! :)

Haley's comment seriously cracked me up...Eva would just say, yeah. LOL. Don't you just love kids!

Can't wait to see you!